(Don't you miss my car?) And this:
Can you guess what one of the worst things is? Here's a hint:
January 2010 did not get off to a good start. It was like any other morning -- I was running late. In an effort to save some time, I may have rushed out of my parking spot and in my carelessness (you know where I am going with this), scraped my fender.
If you're wondering why I have these random fender pictures, it really was for good reason; one of the auto body shops I looked into did online estimates and allowed for you to upload pictures of the damage. Fortunately for me, the damage was only scraped paint and no dents. Fast forward a couple of weeks, my car was like new. Old Towne Auto Body & Paint did a fantastic job and were reasonably priced, although it was expensive enough for me to always have my "head in the game" (as my beloved husband would say) when I back out of parking spots.
Do you remember the "Blizzard 2009" post? Well, two months later, we had Blizzard 2010. (Again, mild winters? Riiiiiight.) It started snowing on Friday, February 5:
By Friday evening, it was already accumulating.
And when it finally stopped snowing on Sunday morning, we thought we'd take a walk around the neighborhood.
Two days later, we got hit with Winter Blast, Part II.
To give you an idea of how the excited the Colonials were about this game, I'll share a brief story. We went to a sandwich shop on/near campus 2o minutes before the game when a GW student noticed I was wearing a UMass sweatshirt. He asked if I went there and proceeded to tell us how he was from Amherst, yadda yadda, then he asked, "There's a basketball game tonight?" It shouldn't have surprised us that the inside of the arena looked like this at the start of the game:
Next up, Spring 2010!


wooohooo!! Go UMASS!!
ReplyDelete