For the last ten-plus years, I've been dying to see Duke live and in-person. Living in San Diego, chances were slim since it'd be a cross-country trip to a town that really isn't really a go-to destination. So, imagine my excitement when I finally had Duke basketball tickets in hand. Unfortunately, my first Duke game wouldn't be at Cameron Indoor, but at the home of an ACC rival.
Their "Athletics Hall of Fame" -- we spent some time looking for Shawne Merriman's picture thinking his would be there. Perhaps it was; then they took it down after being caught on the juice and for the Tila Tequila incident.
And the Blue Devils take the court!
At Maryland, when the opposing team's players are introduced, Terp fans "read a paper" (conveniently found on your seat when you arrive). I, of course, did not participate; my husband did.
During halftime, the Terrapin gymnastics team showed their stuff, most of which I didn't think was photo-worthy, until they started building a human wall and having the gymnasts vault over them. The pictures aren't that great, but it was really cool. Especially when they were vaulting through a ring of fire!
Yes, I realize I went a little overboard with the gymnasts. Back to the game:
Singler is a beast!
Shortly thereafter, Duke started to run away with the game and Terp fans were heading towards the exits. Joe wanted to leave, I wanted to stay (knowing I probably wouldn't go to another Duke game) and we ended up spending a lot of time trying to convince the other. We ended up leaving with less than one minute to go... enough to make me pissy that I was missing the end of the game and enough for Joe to give me the silent treatment in the car because of the traffic clusterf!ck in the parking garage. I didn't care, he'd get over it the following day and I was a happy camper to see my Dukies win! :-)
Next up... the Dempsters hit the seas!


hahhahahaa of course Joe gave you the silent treatment
ReplyDeletethese pics are awesome considering how far away you were! And thats an awesome halftime show!