In the beginning of May, I had already given my notice at my job (sorry, Hilary!) and Joe came with me to the office to help pack some of my things. While we were out in the area, we thought we'd check out Manassas National Battlefield Park. Unfortunately, we got there, right when the park was about to close; but not before I was able to snap a few photos.
Three weeks later, Meaghan came down for a much deserved, post-graduation visit and we continued our with our Civil War theme, in the big PA.
Before we went into the park, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice battlefield lunch at a joint recommended by my friend, Yelp.
Famous Cheesesteaks and Battlefield Fries? Yes, please!
At the time, it seemed like a good idea. And while it was tasty while we eating it, it proved to be a not-so-good-idea while we were on a bike tour of Gettysburg.
Since we were riding bikes through the park, I could only took pictures when we stopped. And when we did stop, we were taking in our history lesson. Soooo, needless to say, I don't have too many pictures. But here are a few:
Students reenacting a battle -- which I thought was pretty cool.
After bidding farewell to our guide Bob (who was super-nice and so passionate about the Civil War -- maybe too passionate), we hit the road for Harrisburg where we'd be staying for the night. And just in time to see the Bruins beat the Lightning in Game 7. Take that Lecavalier! (Yes, still bitter that they beat the Caps.)
The following day, we woke up early and headed to The Sweetest Place on Earth.
Some of the pictures I snapped while at Hershey Park:
I did go on most of the rides, except for those made for adults.
The town itself was really cute; so we did a quick drive on the main drag for pictures before we headed home. Loved the Hershey's Kisses on top of the lamp posts!
With pockets filled with Chocolate Twizzlers, we hit the road back to Virgina. And a couple of days later, I was back to work at the new job. Oh, how I wish I could be on a permanent vacation. Sigh.


while I love the pics of your sites and food, and of course Joe :)--- you need to take more pics of yourself. I miss your face. And one day, your kiddos will want to see more pictures of you during your travels.
ReplyDeleteHurry and get back to posting, Mrs. Erin!
Aww, thanks M! While there probably won't be pics of me on my next post, I promise I'll start. :)
ReplyDelete