Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter 2011 Wrap Up, Part Two!

Day Six of "The Dempsters Hit the Seas" was spent, er, at sea. We spent most of the day by the pool reading and stuffing our faces. The only picture I took was of this bad boy left by my friends, our Filipino housekeeping staff (those are Joe's sunglasses). Filipinos! What up!!!!!
Day Seven we were back on the grid (Hello iPhone! How we missed you so!) and in Key West.
First order of business in Key West: El Siboney! Thank you for the rec, V!
We both had the porkies, black beans, plantains and rice -- and it was so yummy!

After we stuffed our bellies, we walked around town and checked out the touristy sites:





One of the things I was distracted by were the chickens (roosters?) hanging out in the streets, Hawaii-style.




Yes, I'm sure I looked like a crazy person chasing these chickens/roosters around. Back to sight-seeing:









We spent some time looking for Ernest Hemingway's  house, but somehow missed it.  Then, before we knew it, it was time to head home.  In one day, we went from this:

To this:
It was fun while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS