Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chili and Crafty Bastards!

I read in the Washington City Paper that there would be a craft fair in Adams-Morgan, so Joe and I thought we would check it out. But first and most importantly, we had to eat lunch! I, surprisingly, was able to convince Joe to go to Ben's Chili Bowl.

While it doesn't look like the most appetizing thing, the chili half-smoke (above) is good. Really good.

After stuffing our faces with chili-goodness, we headed over to the Crafty Bastards Arts and Crafts Fair.


The fair wasn't quite what we had expected, but we shouldn't have been surprised, especially for funky Adams-Morgan. The stuff was really cute (i.e., think handmade headbands, handbags and totes) and if I had some to spend, I would've spent a lot of money there.

On our way back to the Metro, we stopped by Hello Cupcake in Dupont Circle and the White House. We'd been in the area for almost a month and I still hadn't visited 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS