Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Start of DC Fridays

My first Friday in DC, Joe was at work and we still didn't have cable or the Internet, so I thought I would take the Metro into DC. We live right by a Metro stop (you can see the train tracks outside our windows) so it really is convenient for us to get around.

I had done some research on the "top things to see in DC" the night before and the Holocaust Museum was on many lists, so I thought that would be a good place to go. I snapped some photos on my walk from the L'Enfant Plaza Metro stop to the museum:

The Smithsonian Castle

Freer Art Gallery

On my way, I also stumbled across the USDA Farmers Market, which I thought was really cool.

After checking out the goods (but buying none), I made my way to the museum. I don't have many pictures since photography isn't allowed in many of the exhibits.

If you ever have the chance to go to DC, I'd highly recommend visiting the museum. I'll save my thoughts for myself, but I left with such a heavy heart.

Afterward, I thought I would have lunch at the place Joe would least likely want to visit: Ben's Chili Bowl. Ben's Chili Bowl was voted "Best Greasy Spoon" in what has been my go-to resource for all things good in DC, The Washington City Paper's Best of DC.

I wasn't ballsy enough to take pictures of my food since I was (1) sitting at the counter and (2) I was by myself. But I knew I would return (which I did!) to take more pictures and share such yummy food.

On my way home from Ben's, I needed to use the restroom -- bad. I was still a ways away, but didn't know where to go. Then a lightbulb went off in my head -- the museums! I got off the Metro at Archives and went to, well, The Archives. I figured I could kill two birds with one stone; use the restroom and see the exhibits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS